Thailand issued the final determination in the antidumping investigation against imports of Certain stainless pipe and tube from certain countries including Vietnam
On 26 September 2016, Vietnam Competition Authority received the information from Vietnam Trade Office in Thailand that the Department of Foreign Trade (DFT) under Ministry of Commerce of Thailand published the final determination of the antidumping investigation against imports of Certain stainless pipe and tube from Korea, China, Taiwan and Vietnam
- Date of initiation: 17 September 2015
- Subject product: stainless pipe and tube under HS: 7305.31.10.000; 7306.11.10.000; 7306.11.90.000; 7306.21.00.000; 7306.40.10.010; 7306.40.10.020; 7306.40.20.010; 7306.40.20.020; 7306.40.30.010; 7306.40.30.020; 7306.40.90.010; 7306.40.90.020; 7306.61.00.021 and 7306.61.00.022
In the final determination, the antidumping margin applicable to exporters of Vietnam is 310.74%.
Earlier, on 7 July 2016, DFT issued notice of essential facts and announced about holding a public hearing for the case.
Source Vietnam Competition Authority
ANT Lawyers is a reputable law firm in Vietnam with English speaking lawyers whom understand the laws of Vietnam within the business and the local culture context.
For Vietnam legal matters or services, the clients could reach ANT Lawyers, the exclusive Vietnam law firm members via email at firstname.lastname@example.org or call the telephone at +848 35202779.
Australia Antidumping Commission (Department of Industry, Innovation and Science) initiation of an Investigation into Alleged Dumping and subsidisation on Zinc Coated (Galvanised) Steel Exported from the Republic of India, Malaysia and Vietnam
On October 7, according to the information received by Vietnam Competition Authority from Vietnam Trade Office in Sydney, Australia Anti-dumping Commission (Department of Industry, Innovation and Science) initiation of an Investigation into Alleged Dumping and subsidisation on Zinc Coated (Galvanised) Steel Exported from the Republic of India, Malaysia and Vietnam (Malaysia is subject to the anti-dumping investigation only).
Earlier, on 22 August 2016, an application was lodged by BlueScope Steel Ltd, a manufacturer of zinc coated (galvanised) steel (the goods) in Australia. The application seeks the publication of a dumping duty and a countervailing duty notice in respect of the goods exported to Australia from India, Malaysia and Vietnam.
1. Petitioner: BlueScope Steel Ltd.
2. Subject product:
- Zinc coated/ galvanized steel
- HS: 7210.49.00, 7212.30.00, 7225.92.00 and 7226.99.00.
3. Period of investigation of dumping and subsidisation: 01/7/2015 – 30/06/2016
4. Period of investigation of injury: từ 01/7/2012
5. Alleged dumping margin: 27,2%
6. Estimated subsidy margin: Above negligible level
7. Investigated subsidy programs: preferential import tariff rates, support for projects manufacturing priority industrial products; incentives contingent upon export performance; incentives for domestic businesses; incentives for foreign invested enterprises; export promotion; trade promotion; preferential credit; assistance for commercial development in mountainous, island and ethnic minority areas;assistance to enterprises facing difficulties due to objective reasons; incentives for investment projects in science and technology; incentives on corporate income tax; incentives on non-agricultural land.
8. Injury: The application alleges that the goods have been exported to Australia at prices less than their normal value and were in receipt of countervailable subsidies and that the dumping and subsidisation has caused material injury to the Australian industry through: price suppression, reduced sales revenue, reduced profit and profitability, reduced employment, reduced return on investment
This is the 7th dual anti-dumping and anti-subsidy cases against exports of Vietnam in recent years since 2009, and the 2nd dual anti-dumping and anti-subsidy investigations by Australia against exports of Vietnam
Source Vietnam Competition Authority